AV Online Training
- Symantec Online Training (eLibrary)
- McAfee Online Training
ANTIVIRUS FOR HOME USE
DoD military and civilian employees are eligible to download free antivirus software for home use. Home use of the antivirus products will not only protect personal computers, but will also lessen the threat of employees bringing malicious logic into work and compromising DoD networks.
The DoD antivirus program supports the operation and defense of the DOD Information Network (DODIN) by providing virus protection to DODIN assets. There are currently two antivirus and anti-spyware solutions available for DoD use: McAfee Virus Scan and Symantec Endpoint Protection. Both solutions can be standardized and deployed both enterprise-wide and on isolated network enclaves (e.g., a tactical environment) to protect laptops, desktops, servers and e-mail gateways.
- Protect assets from SPAM and MALWARE (e.g. viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, and rootkits) by filtering e-mail.
- Identify unsafe websites during searches.
- Protects against identity theft by securing, storing, and managing login credentials and personal information.
- Prevents hackers from eavesdropping and stealing information while you type (i.e. keylogging).
- Automatically finds and fixes PC problems while preventing bandwidth.
VALUE TO OUR MISSION PARTNERS
The Antivirus solutions solution(s) provide network administrators and security personnel with mechanisms to prevent, detect, track, report, and remediate malicious computer-related activities and incidents across all DoD networks and information systems.