- JRSS offers increased visualization into the network. Deploying JRSS enables the department to inspect data, retrieve threat and malware data on the network and troubleshoot, and then patch, protect, and defend the network.
- JRSS will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the network by ensuring that there is sufficient capacity to support the transition of services and capabilities from being hosted locally by the military departments.
- JRSS will support the concepts of the Joint Information Environment (JIE):
- Reducing duplication of security standards.
- Flattening security and elevating security policy to the enterprise level.
Transitioning to the JIE Single Security Architecture (SSA) will increase operational effectiveness, achieve cost efficiencies, and enhance the cyber security posture of the Defense Department.