FOR MORE INFORMATION
MacDill AFB, FL
(813) 826-2086, DSN 299
The DISA Special Operations Command (DISA-SOC) field office represents DISA, and manages DISA support, to the U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), the Command's Components, the 6th Air Mobility Wing (MacDill AFB), and the Wing's subordinate units.
- Provides a single point of contact for DISA customer service.
- Advises USSOCOM and the 6AMW on use of DISA-related systems and services.
- Manages situational awareness, services interruptions, and restoration of DISA networks supporting MacDill AFB and USSOCOM.
- Plans, schedules, monitors, and manages support to contingency and exercise operations of the Combatant Commander and the supporting forces.
- Supports critical C2 applications.
- Coordinates implementation of the GIG in support of the Combatant Commander and MacDill AFB.
- Provides on-site expertise to synchronize Information Assurance operations with USSOCOM.
- Develops, exercises, and updates the Combatant Commander's contingency plans to ensure DISA support in response to crises and major exercises.
- Coordinates the Combatant Commander's initiatives and requirements with DISA.
- Coordinates DISA initiatives/requirements with the Combatant Commander.
- Supports the Special Operations Information Enterprise.
The Commander of DISA Special Operations Command reports directly to and receives operational direction from the Principal Director for GIG Operations.