If you use the DODIN for anything - to download the latest security patches, check webmail on DKO/AKO, view information on the AKO, NKO or GCSS-AF portals, attend distance learning on ADLS, ALMS, or MarineNet, or analyze geospatial data dynamically on multiple NGA systems – you've leveraged the Global Content Delivery Service (GCDS) without even realizing it.
GCDS leverages commercial Internet technology to accelerate and secure DoD Web content and applications across the NIPRNet, SIPRNet, and CX-SWA 24x7. GCDS’ global platform of hundreds of specially-equipped servers helps the DODIN withstand the crush of daily requests for rich, dynamic, and interactive content, transactions, and applications. When delivering on these requests, GCDS detects and avoids DODIN related problem spots and vulnerabilities to ensure mission critical software downloads flawlessly, and applications perform reliably. The same platform also secures critical applications using its Web Application Firewall, allowing it to inspect web requests and detect application attacks before an organization’s web server and data center is exposed to a possible threat. Furthermore, GCDS provides customers and security response teams with vital information that can be used to detect and block anomalous and potentially malicious attacks. Overall, GCDS provides the best user experience possible by not only increasing performance and availability anytime, anywhere for the warfighter, but also enhancing the security posture of an organization’s data center to ensure customer’s data is secured 24x7.
Who Needs GCDS?
DoD Web Sites, Web-Based Applications and Video Streams
Is GCDS Accredited?
- With end users on the NIPRNet, SIPRNet and/or CX-SWA
- Where speed and reliability are paramount in the criticality of the organization's missions
- At the command level who need to get actionable information to the soldiers, sailors and airman quickly and efficiently
- That must safeguard the value of users’ content and enhance the security posture of the data and application
- Who need to scale on-demand for peak loads, during both expected (e.g., promotion lists, commander's briefings) and unexpected events (e.g., Japan Tsunami)
GCDS is fully Type accredited with an Authority to Operate (ATO) on NIPRNet, SIPRNet and CX-SWA.