Cost of this service is covered by DISA with no charge to the end user.
MINIMUM HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
GCSS-J Version 8.2.0
The Global Combat Support System – Joint (GCSS-J) provides the warfighter with a single, end-to-end capability to manage and monitor personnel and equipment through the mobilization process.
GCSS-J, the Logistics System of Record, provides a Logistics Common Operational Picture (LogCOP), ensuring the right personnel, equipment, supplies, and support are in the right place, at the right time, and in the right quantities across the full spectrum of military operations.
- Any Box – the ability for end users to access GCSS-J capabilities via a web-browser. The primary browsers supported are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- Any User – the ability to access GCSS-J capabilities by anyone who has been given specific access privileges.
- One Net – the availability of essential logistics warfighter functions from a single network and workstation with single sign-on (SSO) to all applications.
- One Picture – the capability to integrate logistics information across all functional areas.
- Quality Data – refers to global, near real-time, accurate, integrated information provided through a robust and reliable communications infrastructure.
- Anywhere – refers to the ability of end-users to access the GCSS-J capabilities from any geographic location, where they have connectivity to the appropriate network.
The GCSS-J system is designed for both SIPRNet and NIPRNet environments, with different SSO and data source connections. The GCSS-J NIPRNet suites have many of the capabilities of the GCSS-J SIPRNet suites, and are connected to only data sources that have unclassified data. A SIPRNet user needs to have a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) hard token while a NIPRNet user needs to have Common Access Card (CAC). PKI or CAC is needed before a user can request a GCSS-J Account. To learn more details on GCSS-J SIPRNet/NIPRNet environment, please contact us at email@example.com.
WHY USE GCSS-J
A Logistics “One Stop Shop” — Provides access to several disparate authoritative data sources and applications via single sign-on to the Web portal…no “swivel-seat management!”
Accessible — “Set up” requires only a browser, Google Earth Plug-in, and PKI Hard Token for SIPRNet/CAC for NIPRNet.
Enhanced Situational Awareness — GCSS-J provides enhanced situational awareness of the resources & capabilities available in the operational area of interest. Visualizations, in the form of map layers, watchboards, and a user-defined Logistics Common Operational Picture (LogCOP) give users & organizations the ability to customize how information is viewed, meeting both individual action officer needs and the organization’s decision-making process requirements in support of the operational mission.
Technology – developed using commercial trends (widgets/Apps)