The DOD antivirus program supports the operation and defense of the DOD Information Network (DODIN) by providing virus protection to DODIN assets. Currently, the solution licensed by DISA for DOD use is Intel/McAfee AV/AS. This solution can be standardized and deployed both enterprise-wide and on isolated network enclaves (e.g., a tactical environment) to protect laptops, desktops, servers and e-mail gateways.
- Detect and clean malware and protect files from viruses, worms, rootkits, Trojans, and other threats.
- Enhanced email scanning to detect and clean viruses in Microsoft Outlook on client systems.
- Real-time protection that safeguards and secures systems from emerging threats.
- Access protection prevents unwanted changes to systems by restricting access to specified ports, files, shares, registry keys, and registry values.
- Blocks spam and filters messages to guard against inappropriate or sensitive information entering or leaving the network.
- Scan uploaded and downloaded files for malware and banned or inappropriate content on SharePoint servers.
- Search and surf online while being protected from web-based threats and restrict access to potentially harmful websites.
VALUE TO OUR MISSION PARTNERS
The Antivirus solution provides network administrators and security personnel with mechanisms to prevent, detect, track, report, and remediate malicious computer-related activities and incidents across all DOD networks and information systems.
The DOD Antivirus Software License Agreement with McAfee allows active DOD employees to utilize the antivirus software for home use. Home use of the antivirus products will not only protect personal PCs, but will also potentially lessen the threat of malicious logic being introduced to the workplace and compromising DOD networks. Contractors are excluded from using the software.