Web Application Delivery
As DOD organizations turn increasingly to web applications as a primary means of exchanging information, the expectations for speed, reliability, and interactivity grow. While dynamically-generated content offers an unprecedented opportunity to engage with end users, rendering pages on the fly can lead to delays and even failures in delivering content.
To meet user expectations, your web site must provide superior performance for every user regardless of their location. It needs to handle high traffic loads during peak usage periods and provide 24x7 availability, especially during unforeseen events.
- Improved delivery of mission content to warfighters globally
- Capacity on-demand to meet peak loads – without added IT infrastructure
- Increased user adoption by improving user experience and minimizing response times
- Reduced infrastructure costs, while meeting mission requirements
Web Application Firewall (WAF)
GCDS Web Application Firewall is a scalable security capability that mitigates application layer attacks (e.g., SQL Injection, Cross Site Scripting, Command Injection, and more), and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks by protecting the application before the attack hits the customer’s data center.
DISA’s GCDS WAF operates as an embedded process within the GCDS platform that is capable of inspecting both HTTP and HTTPS requests, and detect potential web application attacks before the customer web server and/or data center is asked to serve the request.
- Common rule set for application layer filtering
- Adaptive rate controls
- IP blacklists and whitelists
- Alerting and monitoring
- 24x7 always-on protection
GCDS NetStorage is a secure, DOD enterprise storage in the cloud solution that eases the burdens associated with storing static content and serving it to your users through your web application. NetStorage consists of multiple terabytes of storage capacity, geographical distribution/replication, and a massively scalable, well-connected architecture. By using this fault-tolerant storage service, you can rest easy knowing that your rich media content (including electronic imagery, geospatial imagery, streaming media files, software, and documents) is available to users on demand, anytime and anywhere. NetStorage allows for mission critical data to be accessible even at times when the customer’s web infrastructure is down for maintenance.
- Lowered costs by completely offloading static content from your web infrastructure
- Fault-tolerant storage in a geographically distributed cloud
- Capacity on-demand in support of your application - without added IT infrastructure
- Seamless failover when origin infrastructure is unavailable
High-Definition (HD) Streaming
GCDS HD Streaming is a high-performance, scalable, DOD enterprise solution that eases the burdens associated with streaming Flash video. The GCDS HD platform combines the power of GCDS's adaptive bit rate streaming capabilities for Adobe Flash with the performance and reach of the GCDS edge servers. This means content flows over a single network that delivers HD video with the fastest throughput rate to provide a great user experience.
- A single stream from a content provider can be served to thousands of viewers
- Adaptive bit rate streaming for a buffer free seamless viewing experience
- Viewers only need a web browser to watch video streams
- Provided as an enterprise service to DISA customers at no cost