The DISA Student Career Experience Program (formerly called the "Cooperative Education Program") offers full or part-time employment that provides work experience directly related to the student's educational program and career goals. Successful completion of the program may offer students the opportunity for a non-competitive conversion to a permanent intern position, with promotion potential to the GS-12 level.
- Enrolled at least part-time (as defined by the college or university) in a degree seeking program.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0.
- Program of study will be directly related to the position.
- Signed written agreement by all parties concerned, to include DISA, the school, and the student.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Co-ops may be non competitively converted to a permanent, full-time position in the DISA Career Development Intern Program under the following circumstances.
- Completion of all course requirements conferring a degree.
- Completion of at least 640 hours of career-related work.
- Favorable recommendation by DISA management.
HOW TO APPLY
Current intern positions are posted on the USAJobs web site and are identified by the term "INTERN" in the job title.
For additional job opportunity information during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters, the Intern Program Office (IPO) attends various college/university and diversity career fairs. Students may apply for jobs by attending one of these recruiting events. At recruiting events, Intern Program Office representatives and DISA managers will be available at the DISA Recruiting Booth to answer questions about employment and how to apply for Intern positions. Individuals should attend recruiting event to obtain a flyer with information on "How to Apply" for Intern positions and to speak with DISA IPO personnel.