FOR MORE INFORMATION
(301) 225-6458, DSN 375
Ensuring fairness, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age (40 or older), national origin, disability or genetic information.
To be a recognized leader in DoD in providing expert EEO services to Agency leadership, managers, and employees in support of the DISA mission of supporting the war-fighter...EEO = READINESS!
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended) instituted a policy designed to provide all people equal opportunity in all employment related matters. Specifically, EEOD is defined as a system of employment practices under which individual are not excluded from any participation, advancement, or benefits because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other factor (under Title VII) which cannot lawfully be the basis for employment actions/decisions.
- To exceed all statutory requirements of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ensuring a model EEO program.
- To constantly strive to fulfill Executive Order requirements relating to Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity.
- To work proactively to prevent complaints and to preserve the integrity of the complaints process when complaints are filed.
- To ensure DISA's workforce is a diverse workforce and reflective of the civilian labor force.
- To ensure reasonable accommodations are provided increasing employment opportunities for persons with disabilities who otherwise would not be able to perform the essential functions of their job, and to allow employees with disabilities to perform or be more productive.
- To foster a culture which encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness enabling individuals to contribute to their full potential and further retention.
- To develop strategies to equip leaders with the ability to manage diversity, be accountable, measure results, refine approaches on the basis of such data, and institutionalize a culture of inclusion.
- To collaboratively & aggressively work with our HR partners in ensuring recruiting efforts are appropriately targeted to recruit from a diverse, qualified group of applicants to secure a high-performing workforce drawn from all segments of society.
By applicable regulations, DISA's Command EEOD Staff has different policy and operations requirements for both DISA as a command and the Headquarters portion of DISA regarding each of the program areas addressed above.
From a policy standpoint, DISA's Command EEOD Staff has responsibility for the vision of the Command pertaining to EEOD; program evaluation techniques and mechanisms to ensure that each one of the field activities and detachments have their respective EEOD programs in place; day-to-day liaison with higher level authorities in matters pertaining to EEOD; and developing all required/needed policy regarding all EEOD matters.
From an Operations standpoint, the DISA EEOD staff is responsible for the establishment and yearly maintenance of four major affirmative employment plans. They are:
- Multi-Year Affirmative Employment Program Plan for Minorities and Women plus annual updates.
- Federal Equal Opportunity Recruitment Program Plan plus annual updates.
- Yearly Individuals with Disabilities Program Plans.
- Yearly Disabled Veterans Affirmative Action Plans
Additionally, the Command EEOD Staff is responsible for providing EEOD Counseling services to not only Headquarters' DISA personnel but several of our field activities' sites as well.